The meeting was held at the home of Mamie and Mike Williams on Sunday April 26. Many club members and friends of the Williams attended the event. The spread of food was outstanding thanks to the hosts and contributing members.
Following lunch, President Margie Ledgerwood opened the meeting by thanking Mike and Mamie and making the following announcements:
- Webb Bernhart and Cindy Fort will host the May meeting. Please check the club web site calendar and register for the event.
- The MOA mileage contest has begun. Rick Hansen is tracking club member’s miles. Members are encouraged to enter and provide Rick with their starting mileage.
- The triathlon season has begun. (the first one was this morning at Carmel) Please support our triathlon coordinator Rich Nathan.
- The Paynetown Campout is on May 8-10. Please contact Wayne Garrison if you have questions. Wayne interjected there were about 35 currently registered.
- The Georgia Mountain Rally is on May 1-3.
- The European Bike Riders Rally is on May 15-17 in Burkesville, KY. (we hope to win the attendance award again this year)
- The third Saturday ride from Breakfast at Shapiros was a success this month and will depart next month from Shapiros as well as the Burkesville, KY City Park.
- Andy Clark is recuperating from his recent accident at the Rehab Center at 38th and I-465. He is making progress. His family extends appreciation for your thoughts and prayers.
- Dallas Peak has returned home from the hospital and on the mend.
- Dennis Shelly is also doing well on the mend at home.
Under new Business, Therisia Shearer announced the rules for adopting a new updated club logo. The guidelines will be published on the web site. Members are encouraged to submit recommendations before September 1, 2015. A committee will choose three examples to be considered by the Board of Directors. Therisia also mentioned that the Shearer’s will be attending the rally at Cass, WV, May 22-24.
President Ledgerwood again thanked the Williams for hosting the event.
Many attendees lingered for hours, several taking rides in vintage and acrobatic aircraft. No one lost their lunch in flight while the undersigned was present, a remarkable accomplishment Mr. Fishburn.
Prepared by Bob Conley, Secretary